Forum Jar

Forum Jar : School punishment Forum : Atoka Technical Learning Center Student school punishment Book
See other topics in School punishment Forum

School punishment Forum

Important rules for using School punishment Forum
• No offensive words are allowed in this forum.
• To prevent spams, you must not use the words "http" ".com" or "/"(slashes) in this forum.

Alert! Please do not buy anything or pay anyone on this forum. Scammers have been reported on our forum. Please also do not go to any links posted on here. We have been reported about links to websites that contain viruses. Thank you.

Topic: Atoka Technical Learning Center Student school punishment Book
My name is Abdiel, I am 27 years old and starting school at Technical Learning Center in Bangladesh. I am taking a 30 month program for accounting diploma. The school has AM and PM classes up to 3 clock. Adult students can go one or both but in my program I must go all day. Students as young as 16 in 11th standard and 12th standards also attend half days as well. As I was reading through all of these 1000's of post I find it hard to believe that schools physically punishment adult students as often as posted on here. My school starts for me in 2 weeks and after reading the handbook and going over all forms at my school physical punishment is allowed and is administered but different age has different policy for administering it to student. Here is the book as it reads.

Physical Punishment of Students
The school has set aside guidelines of rules, sanctions and expectation of how students should behave and conduct themselves while at school in classroom, on school ground and while on school trip. These rules are set aside to help guide the administration, staff, teachers and students so each and every student has the best advantage to learn, achieve and grow in his or her course of study. When these rules are broken or when students act out then discipline in the form of physical punishment maybe required. Since the school has students that is from 16 to over 40 then certain guidelines must be set so the discipline of students is fair and is most respectable to the age of the student.

Students 16 to 21. Physical punishments can be given to all students in this age group. The principal, assistant, trained staff and all teachers can administer punishment to this age of student. Punishment can be given to palm, buttock, bare thigh and bare foot. Punishment can be given with wood paddle to buttock only, stick or hand. With a maximum of 8 strokes. Palm punishment can be given in classroom when needed. Buttock must be given in back of classroom away from students in class, thigh and foot must be given in private.Never should face slap, ear twist, hair pull, pinch, murga, sit up, pushup or pull up ever be used as physical punishment to student. Students in this age has no say over physical punishment on when or how once it is decided to be given.

Student 22 to 30 Physical punishments can be given to all students in this age group. The principal, assistant, trained staff and all teachers can administer punishment to this age of student. Punishment can be given to palm, buttock, bare thigh and bare foot. Punishment can be given with wood paddle to buttock only, stick or hand. With a maximum of 10 strokes. Palm punishment can be given in classroom when needed. Buttock must be given in classroom closet or teacher lounge, thigh and foot must be given in management office with principal or assistant observing punishment. Never should face slap, ear twist, hair pull, pinch, murga, sit up, pushup or pull up ever be used as physical punishment to student. Students in this age can ask teachers for alternative discipline option and has the right to take this to management office for another discipline method if teacher does not offer or suggest another method. Violation that require student to be sent to office, students in this age has no say over punishment once principal or assistant decides that punishment will be given.

Student 31 to 35. Physical punishment can be given to all students in this age group. The principal and assistant can give punishment to this age of students. Teachers given punishment must be 30 years old or older with at least 5 years teaching experience.It must be given in private and away from all students. Punishments can be given on palm, thigh and bare foot for female students. Male student can be given on palm, thigh, bare foot and buttock. Only approved stick can be used for punishment with a maximum of 5 strokes. Students in this age group must be given an alternative punishment before physical punishment is

by Abdiel Sun May 18 05:29:24 UTC 2014

continued given and can choose for first three violations. After three violations physical punishment will be used by teacher or principal.

Students 36 to 40 All students in this age group can receive physical punishment. Only palm punishment is given in this age group with a maximum of 5 strokes. Clothed thigh punishment can be option if requested by the student and can only be administered by the principal or assistant. All punishment must be given in private in management office. Teachers must be at least 35 years old and have 5 years teaching experience to administer punishment to this age group. Students can refuse any punishment for 1 day suspension of school with addition writing assignment at home.

Student 40 and older. No students in this age group should ever receive any type of physical punishment. Students in this age group are still expected to behave and act as any and all students in the school. Appropriate discipline action such as suspensions and expulsion will be taken to students in this age group that misbehaves or breaks violation of school rules.

Now along with this the school also has a demerit point system for us in the age of 16 to 30. Now for us all day students am and afternoon students. Each time is kept separate the morning and afternoon are like different classes. So the demerits, late to class and all other discipline is separate to. One demerit point can be given for each violation late to class, no homework, not working in class, talking, mobile phones going off, sleeping in class, leaving school without permission from office. After 10 demerits student goes to office and warning from principal. After 15 one hour after school detention. At 20 two hours after school detention with writing assignment. At 25, student 16 to 21 sent to office for 3 strokes on buttock with wood paddle, student 22 to 30 5 strokes on buttock with wood paddle by principal. At 30 students 16 to 21 4 strokes on buttocks and writing punishment. Age 22 to 30, 6 strokes on buttock with writing assignment. At 35 age 16 to 21, 5 strokes on buttock and 4 hours school day detention writing assignment. Age 22 to 30,7 strokes on buttocks 4 hours school day detention and writing assignment. At 40 points, age 16 to 21 6 strokes to buttocks 8 hours school detention 2 writing assignment. Age 22 to 30. 8 strokes on buttocks 8 hours school day detention and 2 writing assignment. At 45 points, age 16 to 21 4 strokes buttock 3 strokes bare thigh 12 hours school day detention and 2 writing assignment. Age 22 to 30, 5 strokes buttock and 4 to bare thigh 12 hours school day detention and 2 writing assignment. AT 50, age 16 to 21 4 strokes to buttock and 4 to bare thigh 12 hours school day detention and 2 writing assignment. Age 22 to 30 5 strokes to buttock and 5 to bare thigh 12 school day detention 2 writing assignment. At 55, age 16 to 21 4 on buttock 4 on thighs 8 hours school day detention and 4 hours Saturday detention with grounds cleanup plus 2 writing assignment. Age 22 to 30 5 strokes to buttocks and bare thigh. 12 hours school day detention and 4 hours Saturday detention with ground cleanup and 2 writing assignment. At 60 age 15 to 21. 4 strokes buttocks 2 strokes bare thighs and 2 strokes bare foot one day school suspensions and 8 hours Saturday detention with grounds cleanup. Age 22 to 30, 4 strokes to buttock 4 to bare thigh and 2 to bare foot. One day school suspension and 2 days of 2 hours of after school detention, 4 hours of Saturday detention with ground cleanup. At 65, age 16 to 21 2 strokes to buttock 3 to bare thigh and 3 to bare foot. 2 days of school suspension and 8 hours Saturday detention. Age 22 to 30 3 strokes to buttock 3 to bare thigh and 4 to bare foot, 2 days school suspension with 8 hours Saturday detetion with grounds cleanup. At 70, age 16 to 21 4 strokes to bare thighs and 4 to bare foot. Three day suspension and 12 hours Saturday detention. Age 22 to 30 5 strokes to bare thigh and 5 strokes to bare

by abdiel Sun May 18 05:36:36 UTC 2014

foot. 3 days suspensions and 12 hours of Saturday detention with grounds cleanup. At 75 8 strokes on bare foot and 10 strokes for age 22 to 30 and suspended for remainder of school year. All completed courses will be given credit for all classes not completed the student will get failing grade and retake entire class the next school year. If student leaves without taking final strokes those strokes must be given when student returns the next school year.

by Abdiel Sun May 18 05:40:03 UTC 2014

I have been teaching for over 20 years. For the past 8 I teach adult students. Physical punishment is common at both schools. I do feel a problem with a teacher under 25 or even under 30 punishing a student in there 30's and 40's. If anything it should be out of respect for student, being punished by someone so young is very disrespectful to student. Not think that punishment is not necessary in all schools but older students should be treated that way older. I like how this school uses punishment but the many different type of punishment. I think this way is fair and students 30 and under should be punished in this way by any teacher, most students in this age group has not fully grown into adult yet. In my 20 plus years of teaching all age group I can say the teens years and 20's are where a person grows and learns how to live as an adult and how failures has consequences for there actions.

Abdiel, it appears that your school has many punishments. How common is physical punishment and how do the teachers use it in the classroom I mean is it common for teachers to use or do they use other punishment.

by Mrs Afreada Mon May 19 00:58:01 UTC 2014

Mrs Afreada , why it's problem for younger teacher punished older students since they are at the same class and comet the same offense , teacher not a matter how old are they since they are fit to teach then they are the adult in charge ,school punishments does not consider respectful or not all punishments is humiliating and embarrassment to the students and been adopted bring order to the class room or to school ,

by Mis Rose Mon May 19 18:51:35 UTC 2014

Mrs Afreada. This is Abdiel. I went to my new student orientation today and meet principal, assistant principal and got my class schedule and then met all my teachers. First thing the students from 16 to 30 had a meeting. The principal went over the student book from the first page to the last one. It covered all policies, procedures, discipline and any thing that a student might need to know. She said in our age group corporal punishment was more common than in older students. She said that buttock punishment was the most common with bare thigh next, palm punishment in this age group was not very common. Some of the other policies that was different from the older students were, if a student has to leave school then that student must get permission to leave school form from teacher bring it to the office and then sign out before leaving. Older students just sign form in front of teacher and leave. The classes are set up two in the morning and two in the afternoon. each class is one hour and 15 minutes, they are a 15 minute break between each class and a 40 minutes lunch between morning and afternoon classes.

From there I went to my first class and met teacher. She taught my computer class and seems to be around 25 years old. She gave us her class rules and discipline policy. Coming late to class, each late is a demerit point after three it is loss of break, after four 30 minutes after school detention and after 5,1 hour after school detention and 5 strokes to buttock. Mobile phone first time taken up one demerit and given back at end of class, second one demerit phone taken and given back at end of day, third one demerit phone taken and 30 minutes after school detention with 3 strokes to buttock. Talking during lecture, first is extra writing assignment, second is one demerit and loss of break, third is one demerit, 30 after school detention and 3 strokes to buttock. Now these are first offense that is 3 to 5 strokes to buttock. Leaving class without permission, food and drink on computer tables, disobeying a direct order are all buttock punishments.

I have two other teachers besides Miss Shrantel. I have one teacher twice my book keeping classes. Both of them were over 30 and while they had close the same rules it did not go into the discipline part as much. Both did say that they did use corporal punishment when necessary but neither went into detail.

So to answer your question Mrs Afreda I think that other punishments are used before the physical ones are used. It appears taking breaks, writing assignment and after school detention is used more often.

Mis Rose I can't answer for Ms afreda but I think it has to do with younger teacher seems to punish more and punish harder and older students may get punished sometime when they do not deserve to be punished.

by Abdiel Tue May 20 17:28:34 UTC 2014

Hi, I too am from Bangladesh and can say with 100% guarantee that Abdiel is telling complete lies. If Mr. Abdiel can give me the complete address of his adult learning center, I can go and investigate.

by Ashraf Mohd Wed May 21 15:36:33 UTC 2014

Hi, Ashraf why would you think that Abdiel is telling complete lies? They are thousands of post on here talking about adult students being punished from India and Bangladesh and you pick this one to say he is telling complete lies. I am not going to say that I think every post on here is actually true but I do know from my experience that adult discipline is given in learning center and small colleges in India and Bangladesh. I would think that his learning center is a small school that is in a small town where these types of punishments are more common.

Abdiel. I really like your school policy. If you give me the complete address to your school I will go and try to get job. They have rules and clear policy on how and when punishment is given unlike most schools that just beat student anytime teacher wants to.

Mis Rose Abdiel is somewhat right in what he say. However there is more to it than what he said. I know all teachers have certificate to teach and yes they are the adult in charge of the class room. But just like younger students younger teachers have not had the life experiences and have not grown into full adult maturity. Most times they have grown more than students there age or even students a little older than them. We teachers must learn to teach and learn to discipline students that break rules or policies. I feel that any student 30 or younger should be punished for there wrong doings as far as palm, buttock or foot. Really though students over 30 should not be physically punished at all and if it is needed then the student should be punished from the management office by the principal or dean of students.

by Ms Afread Thu May 29 14:33:20 UTC 2014

Abdiel this is Ms Afread you have not been on here in a while. If I calculated right you should be in school now. Let me know how it is going and how your school experience has been so far.

by Ms Afread Tue Jun 03 15:59:10 UTC 2014

Ashraf have right yes there are a lot of story of learning center where is use corporal punishment but when is not lies and reality why nobody give a adeess af a such a school?

by robert12 Mon Jul 27 18:31:00 UTC 2015

If anybody knows of a school in Kolkata where physical punishments are given plz let me know
angshu_punished@rediffmailcom

by Angshuman Wed Nov 25 03:28:18 UTC 2015

Post a new comment

Name (optional):

By posting a comment, you indicate that you have agreed to our terms of use.

Feel adventurous? Check out random forums on Forum Jar!
Related Forums
Blackboard Forum
Placebo effect Forum
Swearing Forum
Name-calling Forum
Lie Forum
Bullying Forum
Hallway Forum
Vandalism Forum
Truancy Forum
School corporal punishment Forum
Caning in Singapore Forum

sponsored links: free polls | free chat rooms (weirdtown chat) | widgets for myspace | make chat room | free chat room list | review websites | snowboard or ski | chat vocab

terms of use | privacy policy
©2011 forumjar.com All rights reserved.